JOB POSTING: Community Association Manager
The Community Association Manager is a licensed professional responsible for managing a portfolio of communities while “paying attention” to the governing documents of each association as well as all applicable state and federal law. Managers are responsible for budgets, contract administration, and communications with Association Board Members and Owners.
Sopra Communities specializes in portfolio condominium management with a generally high-end clientele. We embody the word “Sopra” (Italian for “above”) by providing our client partners with service above expectations. We view our clients as partners, and we strive to educate and advise them. We uphold a team atmosphere, and believe all roles are critical to success. Our environment is fast-paced with opportunities to excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the smooth day-to-day operations of the communities within the assigned portfolio.
- Coordinates, manages, and directs all activities pertaining to the finances of each community within the portfolio. This includes financial reporting and operations budgeting.
- Conducts research and manages special projects as determined by the Board of Directors and the contract terms.
- Prepares, organizes, attends, and conducts all contracted Board meetings, Special meetings, and Annual meetings within the portfolio; these generally start no later than 6pm.
- Conducts site inspections of the portfolio on a frequent and scheduled basis.
- Reports to the CEO as the supervising manager. Works with the senior leadership team, other property managers, and client relations and engineering team members.
- Exhibits superior verbal/written communication skills with an ability to calmly resolve disputes or complaints.
- Displays the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and shifting priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Shows a willingness to provide our client partners with the Sopra standard of service.
- Demonstrates a warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy while maintaining an understanding of the management contract and governing documents.
- Expresses an understanding of budgets and financials.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge with high proficiency in computer programs including property management specific systems.
- Brings one’s own reliable vehicle, has a valid driver’s license with a clean record, and retains current auto insurance for transportation to meetings and property visits.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. A minimum of two years of related experience within the property management industry may satisfy this requirement.
- CMCA Certified
- Colorado State Licensure
- AMS or PCAM desirable
- Competitive Compensation DOE
- Cell phone reimbursement up to $1,200.00/year.
- Health Insurance reimbursement up to $2,400.00/year.
- Parking garage access card valued at $2,340.00/year.
- Seventeen days PTO per year plus 9 paid holidays per year.
- Have you completed the following level of education: Associate?
- How many years of related experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Community Association Manager - Colorado or Reciprocal?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law / regulations?